Vent free gas fireplaces are very effective in providing heat inside the house during cold winter days. There is nothing better than knowing that you have at your home a good quality heating object that will be able to make you warm once when you go inside the house after you spent some time on the snow. Long time ago people have been using wood burning fireplaces. These fireplaces required a lot of work because first you had to chop the wood, then to bring it inside the house, to place it around the fireplace, and to check many times during the day if the fire is burning. Since vent free gas fireplaces appeared on the market, a lot of people replaced their old fashioned fireplaces for these fireplaces. Vent free gas fireplaces don’t require a lot of work around them. Except vent free gas fireplaces there are as well vented gas fireplaces.
The main different between the two types of fireplaces is that vented ones require a chimney or some source of ventilation. From the other side, vent free gas fireplaces, as their name already tell, don’t require ventilation or use of chimneys. Vent free gas fireplaces are cheaper and they don’t require any kind of installation. They are completely portable so you can use them wherever you want. A lot of people opt for these kinds of fireplaces because of their low cost and ease of use. However, these fireplaces have some disadvantages. First of all, it is important to say that when you are choosing a vent free gas fireplace, you need to choose the right size for the room where you will be using it. Because of this, make sure to buy small fireplaces for smaller rooms and larger fireplaces for larger rooms. Like this, you will ensure that the heating process will be cost efficient.
Remember that vent free gas fireplaces use the oxygen from the air for the process of combustion and creation of heat. If you put a too large fireplace in a small room, the oxygen level from the room will very soon become very low and this is very dangerous for the health. Low levels of oxygen can lead to death. Also, it is not recommended to leave these fireplaces working more than 6 hours per day. This is for safety reasons of course. Also, in many states in the USA these fireplaces have been banned, for safety reasons. Other thing that is worth mentioning is that these fireplaces produce moisture in the air. If too much moisture is created, this can lead to mildew and mold. This, as well, is not good for your health. However, one good thing about these fireplaces is that they don’t require electricity in order to work, because they use gas, so these fireplaces can be a perfect solution in case of power outage.